Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ignoring My "Regular" Life

Hello darlings. How has your week been? I have to admit, mine has been blissfully quiet, uninteresting, and sans crocheting. The most crochet related stuff I have done this week is go to a thrift store and purchase a sweater to be upcycled into yarn. Little did I know though that I picked up a sweater with bad seams. Oh well.

I would share with you my crochet related stuff of times past, and my super cool awesome thrift store finds, but I cannot figure out how to upload photos. When I can though! Oh boy!

Back to the thrift store though...I found this week, for 1 American dollar, a precrocheted what I assume to be chair back cover. This is not the prettiest of things, not the most practical, but, I plan on taking out the chair cover parts and salvaging the rest into a remnant blanket. And considering the size of this thing, the fact that I found it for a dollar more than makes up for the work I will have to do with this thing.

I also found some beautiful delicate china. Just in case you did not know, I absolutely adore china. It makes me feel delicate and girlie. :) I ended up buying an awesome gravy boat, matching saucer, and two teacups and plates and a creamer of a different yet more girlie pattern. This being said, if anyone ever finds some golden autumn wheat china in near mint condition, please hit me up, I collect it for my mama (and my future dowry ;) ) If I could have afforded it, I would have bought more, but I couldn't quite justify buying a whole setting. Maybe next time. I really do love gravy boats, sugar bowls and creamers though. Dunno why.

I also found a 100% cotton sweater this week for $1.70, which as I stated earlier, I am definitely going to unravel and upcycle for yarn. I just wish the seams were better. So far it has taken for ever to unravel even half of one arm, and I still have the body, neck and other arm to go! I am hoping it will be worth it, but even if this experiment fails, I will have at least learned something useful.

Anyhow, I am off for now. Have fun crocheting and enjoy your weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment